
We have a storm in Oahu. Last night there was thunder and lightning.... it was hard to sleep. This morning I woke up and it is still raining and most of Oahu is experiencing floods.

This is a view of Waikiki from my street and you can't even see the ocean. Sorry tourists!

In the back of my house my feet are totally submerged by rain water. But this is right before it hits the drain, so we are avoiding flooding.

I think the plants are happy!

I love the rain. Growing up in Holualoa, we have rain almost every day (except for the wintertime) so I feel "at home" when it is raining. Also, it hasn't rained in Oahu for a while so it is nice, even though I was supposed to go surfing! I can take a break from surfing and enjoy being inside listening to the rain, studying.
3 comments:
carlen im so glad you have a blog! now i can see what you are up to all the time! send me a link to akaris blog too.. would love to read hers as well! im going to get a camera soon so mabe i will start a blog too!
-jamie
wooooo hooooo. carlen, these are all some nice pics and I love this blog thing. It's like we all still live together, kind of. Don't you miss seeing my dirty work clothes hung over the chairs when you wake up?????
Hi Carlen, Beautiful photos you have! We need some rain as well. Upcountry of Maui is still having a drought warning... But many people like sunne weather, and when it rains a lot, we complain. Oh humans, we never get satisfied with what it is, huh? ;) I'm glad that you are enjoying the weather you got over there. I also like rain because it helps me to concentrate on school work :)
Dear Jamie, So nice to "see" you here. My blog is linked to my name. If you click my name, it should take you to my blog. In case it does not, here is the link.
http://akariueoka.blogspot.com
Post a Comment