January 24, 2008

I'm 23 now

Another year older. My birthday was Jan.4th, the day after I got back from my trip. All I wanted for my birthday was to be home in Kona, and it came true! We had beautiful weather (no waves though) so I spent all day at the beach and I got to go out to eat at my favorite restaurant in Kona. The day went by too fast. I feel different and I don't know if it's because I am a year older now or because I was traveling and that affected me. Either way, I am still me and happy. It's weird that my birthday is so close to New Years so I feel like it really is a whole new year. Honestly though, I celebrate my birthday all month long!
Do I look older?
Pine Trees- where I spent the day at the beach
My mom gave me flowers and her and Liam made me this cake
Birthday Dessert at Ke'ei Cafe with my mom
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have such a wonderful family and my health and opportunities. I look forward to a new year and a new age. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anna-Rea said...

Wow that cake looks so good. Happy Birthday Carlen.
Iʻm sure you had a wonderful time with your family and friends.

eri said...

happy birthday Carlen!
looooove you
eri