Although I was only in Thibodaux for less then 24 hours, it was my favorite part of the trip. This is Russell's hometown so we spent our last night in Louisiana with him and his dad. I felt so at home, I am definitely more of a country girl! Russell took me to the mall so I could get souvenirs and then we had a seafood feast at a local restaurant.
Russell's dad's welcome sign for us
This was taken as we drove by so it is blurry but it is one of the many bayous around the town
I got to eat at a Sonic Drive In! You park and order and then they bring it out to you.
Sunset on the bayou
Alligator! I tried it even though we're not sure if it counts as seafood or not
Russell's dad Chuck showing my dad how to eat a crawfish.
Mmm it's so good
I ate most of these oysters....
A shrimp po-boy

This is his friend Theresea who is getting married to Russell's best friend
Sunrise on the bayou
Mmm it's so good
I ate most of these oysters....
A shrimp po-boy
Renee and Russell
After our dinner Russell and I went to where he used to work and met his friends and then went to a house to play a very fun game of Taboo.
This is his friend Theresea who is getting married to Russell's best friend
Sunrise on the bayouAfter sleeping for maybe 3 hours Russell drove me an hour and a half away to the airport in New Orleans. It was 27 degrees F and I was freezing! This was the coldest it had been in New Orleans in years they said. I was chattering my teeth so much my gums hurt for a week and my skin was all dried up. Anyway, Russell and I said goodbye and it was very sad. I will miss him a lot but hopefully we will see each other in California.
On my flight home on Jan.3 there were a lot of UH fans. I met the film crew for KGMB9 News and one of our football players. I thought I would sleep the whole way home but I ended up talking to and meeting a lot of people. I went from New Orleans to Houston to LAX and then there I had to transfer to United. I was SO thankful to arrive home in Kona with my luggage. I am taking a break from traveling for a while!
2 comments:
You think 24 degrees is cold!? ha-ha Try to walk around with these negative temperatures in Buffalo. I bless the heat in my car.
ha ha Mark, so sorry I forget how lucky I am sometimes. =) I thought of you today while i was watching the sunset. I took a picture with my phone and I was going to send it to you, but I didn't want you to be jealous.
Post a Comment