January 1, 2009

After Christmas

I hope your Christmas was warm and filled with special memories! My family and I ate our usual Christmas breakfast (my mom baked pumpkin cinnamon rolls!) and opened presents all morning. I was so impressed with my nephew Liam, 4 years old, because he could read the labels on the presents! I got a lot of gift cards- my favorite!
My sister wiped out at the end of the day!

My friend Miles turned 24 the day after Christmas. It was nice to see him and other friends from the past.

This was a rare GORGEOUS day in Kona!! No vog!

It was also the day my friends Libby and Chris got married. 


I got to see old friends at their wedding too.
Since it was so beautiful out some of us went to the beach after the wedding and stayed until sunset. This is Magic Sands.

My last day in Kona looked like this. The vog came back and the clouds created a big gray cloud over Kona. 


It was so nice to be home- it is always too short of a trip! I didn't get to do everything I wanted since I got sick the day after Christmas and I didn't have much energy. I wanted to go play in the snow on Mauna Kea and surf my favorite spots. I may try to sneak back before school starts again. However I did get to spend time with my family which is always a treat during the holidays!

No comments: