I didn't sleep much the night before and was kind of freaking out on the drive over, but my mom helped me and we got to Stockton an hour before my interview. I didn't check out much of the campus, I was not thinking about it. When I walked into the building I ran into one of my friend from UH who graduated a year ago and now goes to this school. It was nice to see a familiar face and it helped to calm me down.

Here I am at University of the Pacific. My mom snapped this picture right before I went in. The building behind me is where the classes are held. It was really hard for me to smile in this picture!
We got broken up into groups of 4-5 and the first year students led us on a tour of the facilities. It was so nice and brand new! We met with the department chair and then had our individual interviews. I was interviewed by a professor, a physical therapist, and a student. It only lasted for 20 minutes (I think?!) and they asked me all the questions I was prepared for like, why do I want to be a physical therapist, why do I want to go to their school, what have I seen in my pt observations, and what do I like to do in my spare time. I answered honestly and felt like I was myself. They made me comfortable and even had brownies for me in the room!

Carl and John
Afterwards I met up with my friend from UH, John, and Carl who is a friend of a friend. We all had lunch at a Mexican place nearby. Stockton seemed nice and I also got to see where Carl lives which was also nice. Overall I got a really good feeling from the school and I hope they liked me too! I thought I would be relieved after the interview, but now I am anxious to hear back if I got in or not!!
1 comment:
Hi Carlen! I hope your interview went well. It sounds like you you are seeing many friends lately, and I am happy for you. I hope to get to see you soon either on Oahu or Maui. Love, Akari
Post a Comment