April 10, 2009

Lists


These past couple of weeks I have been making lists and lists. One day I noticed I had three different lists and even one written on my hand! I've always been a list-maker but even more so now that I have a lot of things coming up (final projects, finals, graduation, grad party, summer, packing, moving, new school, etc.). 
The best part though, is that not only do I make lists, but I complete the tasks on them. It gives me a great feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment. Maybe that's the Capricorn in me? I just feel so much better when I write the things running through my head down on paper. 
Well this past week it got really bad. I woke up at 2:30am with millions of thoughts preventing me from sleeping. I ended up scribbling 3 pages of notes on just about everything. By 4am I was satisfied. The next morning I looked at the lists to read some important and also some useless information I had jotted down in my insomnia. Needless to say I was very tired that day and when explaining to one of my patients why I was so sleep deprived she laughed and told me, "Fold up those notes and put it in a box. Let the Universe take care of it. In a few months open up that box again and don't be surprised to find your lists are blank." 
I will try that out.

1 comment:

Akari Ueoka said...

Hi Carlen,
I like how your new blog looks (I liked the previous one, too, though).
Good work!

I can totally relate to you. I jot down things that run through my head and make a list all the time. In fact, I was just making a list of things that I want to (and have to) do today to get ready for the new week. I think it's important for us to know each step to achieve where we want to be, and at the same time, it is important to be flexible to let the Universe take us where we are meant to be.
Fine balance, huh?

Loved seeing you yesterday!!